About Our Project - Accomplishments
THIS PAGE IS OUT-OF-DATE
Please come back later. We hope to have this page updated soon.
Thank you for your patience. We are a small all-volunteer group, and keeping everything current sometimes slips through the cracks. If you would like to help maintain our website, please contact Janissa Balcomb at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: "L2L I want to volunteer"
What Have We Accomplished So Far?
- Since the first laptop deployment in December 2010, enrollment at Nohana Primary School has gone from 314 to 370 students, attendance has improved, student behavior has improved, and English and Math skills of students have improved.
- All Nohana Primary School teachers received three weeks of training on how to use the XO laptops. The training also included laptop repair, wiring, and running the generator.
- Two teachers attended a one day training at Kliptown Youth Centre and Lilydale Primare School in Soweto to see how XO laptops were being used.
- The teachers at Nohana Primary School formulated regulations and contracts for teachers and parents to guide them on how the laptops will be handled.
- The school's solar panel is being used to charge cell phones to help raise funds for the project. The school has also planned to have a fundraising concert once a session.